TOP 10 CAMP QUESTIONS PARENTS WILL ASK
1) What is the difference between Day Camp and Elite Camp and is there a required skill level?
The main difference between Day Camp and Elite Overnight / Commuter Camp is the number of sessions. Day camp consists of morning and afternoon sessions and Elite Camp has the additional evening session. There is no required skill level at any camp. Campers are grouped by age first then skill level and any necessary adjustments are made after the first day. Younger campers (ages 10,11,12) often attend Elite Camp as Commuters. They do not stay in dorms but are dropped off in the morning and picked up at 9 pm. This is a parental choice as you know your child best.
2) Can I put my daughter with her 2 or 3 friends in one room?
Sorry no. All dorm rooms are double rooms so 2 campers per room. Campers are allowed to request one (1) roommate. We will however try to put requested campers next-door or as close as possible to each other.
3) Will the Stanford players be working camp?
Yes, some of the players will be working camp. We do not know who will be working when because of their summer school schedule.
4) What is the camper to staff ratio at camp? What is the camper to staff ratio in the dorms?
The ideal camper to staff ratio is 10:1 or less. This is our goal. In the dorms the camper staff ratio (per floor) is 7:1.
5) What time does camp start and end?
Day Camp check in at Maples Pavilion between 8:00 am- 8:45 am on the first day and 8:45 am on the other days. Camp ends at 4:00 PM all days. Closing events begin around 3:15 pm on the last day of camp.
Elite Camp (Overnight and Commuter's) check in starts at 1:00-2:30pm at the assigned Dorm (TBD), on the first day.
Closing events begin around 10:45 am. Camp ends at noon on the last day of camp.
6) What are the Commuter Camper drop off times and pick up? (ELITE CAMPS ONLY) First day registration is between 1:00-2:30pm at the assigned Stanford University Dorm (TBD).
Commuter campers are to be checked in at roll call with their coach on the second, third and last day of camp by 8:30 a.m. Commuter Campers are always picked up at the end of the day at the North West corner of Maples Pavilion (8:30-9:00 pm) and 11:30 am on the last day of camp. Adults picking up Commuter Campers must physically sign campers out each night with camp staff member.
7) Is there an option for partial camp registration payment?
Full payment is required to hold the campers spot at camp. For obvious reasons, head counts are crucial for staffing, team assignments, daily scheduling and room/meal planning.
8) Can I watch my daughter play?
You are welcome to attend any session of camp where there is room for observation. We ask that parents and observers stay off the playing court. There is spectator viewing in the balcony of Maples Pavilion, an observation area on the balcony around Burnham Pavilion and hallway standing room at the Ford Center .
The APG Practice Gym does NOT have room for observation.
9) Is there a Camp Bank for the overnight Elite campers?
Yes. There will be a "camp store canteen area" with t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, candy, food and drinks. Resident campers are encouraged to deposit money in their camp store account at registration to avoid the need to carry money or risk having money lost. Any money that is not spent will be refunded at the end of camp.
10) First time Elite camper tips.
Bring a pair of flip-flops to air out your feet during meals / in between sessions.
Changing socks mid-day is a good way to avoid blisters as well.
Commuter Camper's use the Dorm main floor lounge as a resting spot / home base between meals and roll call. Bring a book or a deck of cards! This is for campers only folks as once camp starts, only the girls are permitted in the girls dorm.
The dorm showers are stalls with curtains. You may want to inform your camper that this is not a private bathroom and shared with hall-mates.
Flip-flops are good to wear in the community shower too!
Be open to meeting lots of new friends from all over the US and beyond! You are not the only first time camper!
CAMP PREPARATION INFORMATION
Registration will be at MAPLES PAVILION, off East Campus Dr., between 8:00 and 8:45 a.m.
Parking: all lots require a parking permit. Some lots have visitor parking meters available (1 quarter / ten minutes). Daily passes will be available for purchase a registration table for a fee of $5.00 each, while supplies last. Passes may also be purchased at Parking and Transportation Services located at 340 Bonair Siding (the building in the Southeast corner of Maples Parking Lot), 7:30am-5:00pm.
Camper t-shirt and basketball will be distributed at registration.
Day Camp runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm daily.
Parent’s must physically check in/out campers with their coach.
Day Campers BRING THEIR OWN LUNCH. Lunch is NOT provided. There will be a designated area in the NE corner of Maples for campers to leave their lunch bags. Water bottles are a good item to bring and can be refilled at water fountains located in all facilities.
Snack foods will be available for purchase- not lunch items.
Awards ceremony begins at 3:00 pm on the final day.
Camp ends at 4:00 pm daliy. Campers must physically sign out with camp staff member.
Elite Camps: Overnight / Commuter Campers
A. General information
KEYS: We will not be collecting a key deposit this year. KEY REPLACEMENT COST of $125.00 is due at the time of check out. Dorm check out is 11:30am- 12:00 pm, on the last day of camp at the Dorm.
All keys must be turned in at the Alpha Table it was issued, by 12:00pm, NOON.
NO exceptions possible. Dorm rooms are re-keyed immediately after our camp concludes for the next incoming camp. Agreement is noted as such on Camp Waiver signed at registration.
LANYARD’s for your meal cards and keys may be provided while supplies last.
You may wish to bring your own just in case.
Registration for all Elite campers will be at the DORM (TBD) between 1:00 and 2:30 pm.
Parking: all lots require a parking permit. Some lots have visitor parking meters available($0.25/10 mins). Daily passes will be available for purchase at the registration
table for $5.00 each, while supplies last.Passes may also be purchased at Parking and Transportation Services located at 340 Bonair Siding (the building in the Southeast corner of Maples Parking Lot) 7:30am-5:00pm.
Camper t-shirt and basketball will be distributed at registration and event venues.
Overnight campers may deposit monies in the camp "store canteen" account at registration.
Camp activities start at registration on the first day of camp and go to approximately 9:00 pm(exception is the last day which ends at noon).
Awards ceremony begins at approximately 10:30 am in Maples Pavilion on the last day of camp.
Camps ends at 12:00 noon on the last day of camp.
B. Overnight Campers will need to bring:
Bedding ( i.e. Sleeping Bag) and pillow. Sheets are fine. Up to you.
Bath towels and toiletries.
Clothing: campers should pack at least 4 t-shirts, 4 pair of shorts, a pair of court shoes
(preferably not brand new), 8 pair of socks, a sweatshirt, pajamas & FLIP-FLOPS!
Air out those tired feet during lunch, dinner and wear in the shower area.
Bare feet are never a good idea (;-).
Stubbed toes and blisters are a common ailment that can be prevented!
Dorm style bathroom and showers. These are stalls with curtains for privacy.
Campers have worn bathing suits into the showers if their comfort level dictates this.
Please DO NOT bring valuable items. Campers are responsible for all items brought to
FYI: FANS are great during the hot summer evenings as dorm windows are closed at night.
C. Damages: Camper rooms will be inspected before check-out;
damages must be paid for before departing camp.
2. Camp "Store": All Elite Camps
There will be a camp "store canteen" area with t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, candy, food
Resident campers are encouraged to deposit money in camp store account to avoid the
need to carry money or risk having money stolen.
Any money that is not spent will be refunded at the end of camp at check out.
3. Refund Policy: To reserve a spot in camp, tuition is required in full. There will be a $100
administrative fee for all cancellations.
**Campers who depart camp after registration will not receive refunds.**
4. Phone Numbers
Camp CELL (650) TBD
DURING CAMP HOURS ONLY and in case of EMERGENCY ONLY.
Housing Office: TBD
Basketball office:(650) 725-7193 : fax (650) 725-2584
5. Camper Deportment: Campers will be asked to follow a set of rules designated to ensure that the camp is fun, safe, and provides a successful learning environment. Though we rarely have problems, campers who repeatedly fail to follow the rules will be sent home immediately.
See Camp Rules for details.
6. Parking: It is recommended that anyone who plans to watch his or her camper during the week purchase a parking pass. Parking passes may be purchased at registration. Parking
permits are strictly enforced and citations are issued 24/7. You may also purchase daily
parking passes at Parking & Transportation Services Located at 340 Bonair Siding, 7:30 am-5:00 pm.
7. Watching Your Camper Play: You are welcome to attend any session of camp where there is room for observation. We ask that parents and observers stay off the playing court. There is spectator viewing in the balcony of Maples Pavilion, an observation area on the balcony around Burnham Pavilion and hallway standing room at the Ford Center .
The APG Practice Gym does NOT have room for observation.
8. Injuries: If your daughter is injured and needs to be taken to emergency services we will
attempt to contact parents first. If unable to contact parents immediately, the camper’s safety is our first concern and she will be taken for treatment to the proper medical facility. Every attempt will be made to contact parents subsequently. Parents will be asked to pick up their daughters who cannot participate in camp activities due to injury, illness or homesickness.
First and foremost, the STAFF takes its responsibility to provide for the safety and welfare of all Campers very seriously. In fact, because it is our #1 priority, the Camp Rules listed below are the direct result of over two decades of experience in successful camp administration. Though we rarely have problems, campers who repeatedly fail to follow the rules will be sent home immediately. Please take a moment to review the Camp Rules with your camper prior to camp. Thanks so much! Play Ball !!
1. CELL PHONES -- Cell phone usage is prohibited during camp activities.
Cell phones may be used at the dorms, at meals and break time, prior to lights out at. Campers are solely responsible for cell phones.
2. Campers are to attend all instructional sessions, team practices and team games on time.
3. Campers must listen to all staff, and be courteous and respectful at all times.
4. Always travel with your team and coach when moving from one activity to the next.
5. NO ONE may leave the University campus unless they are released as commuters
or they have permission from the camp director.
6. Once you are at the dorm for the night, you may not leave!
7. NO illegal substances or alcoholic beverages shall be possessed nor consumed.
8. NO ONE may ride in a vehicle on the campus at any time unless injured.
9. Campers should not walk back to the dorms in the evening without a coach.
High school campers may travel with a buddy.
10. Campers with cars must turn their keys into the camp director.
11. Failure to abide by the camp regulations will result in dismissal from the camp and
the forfeit of all investments.
CAMPER DORM RESPONSIBILITIES
1. All campers must be in their rooms by 10:30 PM. Bed check and lights out by 11:00 PM.
2. Absolutely NO MALE visitation at any time.
3. Dismissal will result from conduct that we deem inappropriate.
We will contact parents and get the individual removed as soon as possible.
4. The staff will go over rules and regulations for the dorm. Make sure all rooms
and floors are reasonably clean.
5. Wake-up will be at 7:00 AM by assigned floor counselors.
6. Keep windows closed at all time … ALL LEVELS.
7. Do not change rooms without approval from Ann Tafolla, Camp Housing Director.
8. Do not turn bed upside down … $25 fine!
CAFETERIA RULES/DAY CAMP LUNCH
1. Absolutely no horseplay in the cafeteria.
2. We want you to enjoy your meal, but don’t take more than you can eat.
3. Trays must be taken to designated area after each meal and should not be left on
the dining table.
4. Campers must wear shoes in the cafeteria.
5. Wait patiently in the line. Campers who take cuts will be moved to the end of the lines.
6. Be courteous to the cafeteria personnel.
7. Keep noise down in the cafeteria.
8. For day camp, campers are not allowed to leave Maples.
9. No running in the bleachers, hanging on railing, or climbing bleachers